Probate and Administration

Probate and Administration
​What Needs to be Done after Death

Whether a person has a will or not, if the value of an estate exceeds $25,000, a court order has to be issued to authorize someone to deal with the affairs of the deceased.

If there is a Will, the process is called “Probate”.  If there is no Will (or if the executor named in the Will cannot act due to death or other causes), the process is called “Administration”.  Both processes are similar.

No matter if it is Probate or Administration, we can help.

Lyle has extensive experience as an Estates practitioner, so we can ease the pain of loss by taking the burden off your shoulders.  Our office can handle all the paperwork and either assist in completing the estate or take on the whole process for you.